Revenue management is cross-functional and cross-disciplinary. The courses leading to a Master Certificate in Revenue Management provide the skills you need to maximize revenue in today’s complex global market. Take a strategic approach that enables your departments to collectively push the key levers driving profits and performance.
This certificate provides you with in-depth training in the principles of revenue-cycle analysis and management and practice applying these principles. Create and manage customer demand, establish a marketing strategy built around well-designed control systems, and fine-tune yield management in your market.
This master certificate consists of 18 two-week courses: 14 core and 4 elective courses. The courses in the core of the program cover financial topics, general and advanced revenue management, and marketing for new media, including social, mobile, and search. Choose from 3 electives: Restaurant Revenue Management, Hospitality Marketing, or Financial Management.
You can finish all of the courses in this program and earn your master certificate in as little as nine months, spending about five to seven hours per course.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to:
- Describe hotel revenue management and its benefits and understand how to recommend room rates
- Implement strategies to increase revenue during different seasons
- Apply length-of-stay controls to your hotel
- Develop an overbooking approach and manage the issues associated with it
- Make the correct group-management decisions
- Develop your own functional revenue management plan and apply it to additional areas of your hotel
- Evaluate the effects of price, length of stay, demand, and availability controls on revenue
- Know how to distinguish between transient revenue management and negotiated selling
- Manage requests for group and negotiated business
- Effectively use search engine marketing and understand the role of online channels and the opportunities they provide
- Define, align, and refine a brand promise for your organization
Who should enroll in this certificate?
General managers, revenue and finance managers and other hospitality professionals responsible for the financial performance of their organizations.