Successful product and service design requires elegant solutions; solutions that meet customers’ current needs yet are flexible enough to anticipate future ones. Engineering these solutions comes down to a proven systems design process. Become a key player on your development team by mastering this process, from conception to implementation.
Learn the systems approach to designing products and services, addressing the needs of stakeholders, thinking through problems with greater rigor, and presenting ideas more effectively—all vital skills which can be applied to almost any field or industry.
This certificate consists of six two-week courses and provides you with a firm foundation for applying the industry-standard systems design methodology to superior product and service design.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to:
- Discuss the benefits of the Getting Design Right process
- Use this process and the associated work products to define a design problem in the context of your organization
- Conduct a contextual inquiry to identify customer needs
- Quantify how well a product or service meets customer needs
- Use a step-by-step process to translate customer needs into technical requirements
- Explain the reasons for exploring a broad design space
- Discover and organize concepts relevant to a design problem
- Generate integrated design solutions from initial concepts
- Use a trade study to optimize design choices
- Describe your product or service in a way that enables a team of people to work together on its design
- Use design reviews to validate requirements
- Use test plans to verify requirements
- Execute a design through a process of scheduling and tracking
- Use process iteration to refine and perfect the design
Who should enroll in this certificate?
- Any professional involved in product or service design, development, and production
- Engineers, project managers, marketing and product line managers, or design managers