Associate Product Manager
eCornell support Cornell University’s mission to reach students anywhere anytime. The product management department is responsible for researching, launching, and supporting products that meet student and corporate partner needs.
The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the maintenance, development and deployment of eCornell catalog programs. They will provide assistance in creating catalog and custom programs that support Cornell University to help ensure we are delivering world-class products.
The Associate Product Manager will report to the Director of Product Management and they will work closely together to identify new content areas that expand and enhance eCornell’s global reach. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for collecting and incorporating customer feedback into our products to keep them current to meet our market demands.
- Assist in the execution of new product development through launching the product including project management
- Assist in market research (focus groups) on the viability of new content and keeping current content up-to-date
- Assist in user testing to collect feedback on new features and products
- Work with the Product Manager and act as a liaison between multiple internal teams during the course of product development, deployment and ongoing maintenance
- Identify, onboard and work with Faculty on content development
- Provide Faculty and Cornell Stakeholders with reporting on program satisfaction to inform product improvements
- Assist in product presentations for the sales team
- Work with creative services group to ensure the ongoing integrity and brand standards in all products.
- Coordinate as needed with relevant Marketing and Sales resources to ensure successful product launches.
- Stay apprised of broader developments in the online-learning marketplace — via competitive analysis and student engagement — and leverage this intelligence in product strategies.
- All other duties as assigned in support of eCornell Product Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-4 years’ experience preferably in online learning
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a decisive, action-orientated individual
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment with
- proven ability to communicate cross-functionally and work effectively on teams
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Understanding of technology, development processes and agile work environment is a plus
- Ability to articulate of the growing technological needs of today’s workforce
- Ability to interact with technically focused faculty a plus
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and LMS proficient
- Exposure to SalesForce, Student Information Systems and Marketing Automation tools is a plus.
- This is an Ithaca-based opportunity.
eCornell, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornell University, is an award winning, online learning company, delivering courses to students in more than 200 countries with 40% annual enrollment growth.
- 2012 ‘Top 20 Leadership Training Companies’
- 2009-2012 ‘Best Leadership Development Program’ by Readers of Elearning! magazine
- 2012 ‘Customer Service Team of the Year’ by American Business Awards
- 2012 ‘Top 500 Privately-Held Businesses’ by Diversity Business
- 2011 Tech 200 List of Fastest Growing Technology Companies
- 2011 ‘Best Software-as-a-Service Learning Management System’ by Elearning! magazine
Our innovative approach to delivering Cornell University course content in an online socially networked environment is used by several of the world’s largest corporations. Our vision is to be the best provider of online learning experiences that empower individuals to innovate in their career, company, or community. We will accomplish that by building active online communities, enabling dynamic course content, and streamlining course creation by faculty authors. This is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that values and rewards the accomplishment of personal, team, and company goals.
eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.