Content Marketing Channel Manager
Join an entrepreneurial marketing team at one of today’s fastest-growing online education providers.
eCornell, Cornell University’s online learning unit, is seeking a Content Marketing Strategist to fill a key role in our high-performing in-house digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional copywriting and written communication skills with a strong track record of success in social media channel growth and developing high quality content that compels sharing. A critical part of the role will be proactive outreach to develop organic influencer relationships/campaigns and build referral marketing partnerships with organizations for a broad portfolio of programs. The role will focus on increasing the number of integration points for our programs, working both with internal units throughout the university as well as creating external opportunities. The ability to operate in a fun, fast-paced environment with a responsive, always-on attitude, where no task is too big or too small, is essential to the position.
The position is based in Ithaca, NY. Remote candidates will be considered in specific cases.
- Social media channel planning and daily management, include idea generation, concepting and copywriting.
- Growth of following and engagement across all social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and more.
- Partnership outreach – develop marketing partnerships with organizations and influencers relevant to a broad catalog of programs.
- Increase marketing integration points across university units.
- Assist with management of internal and external PR efforts, including publication and agency relationships.
- Management of blog content.
- Coordinate brand and testimonial video shoots.
- Content entry in WordPress, Pardot and other content management systems.
- Copywriting for a variety of marketing deliverables.
- Quality assurance of all marketing communications and deliverables.
- Special projects and other support to the marketing team as assigned.
- BA, ideally in Marketing, Communications or a related function. Liberal arts may also be relevant.
- 5+ years marketing experience in a professional setting.
- Strong examples of successful social media work for other brands and/or personal social media presence that can demonstrate capability in this area.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional copywriting skills for a marketing and social media context.
- Experience with web content entry and/or graphic design is helpful.
- Deep understanding of current social web technologies and trends.
- Avid social media user; someone who not only understands it, but enjoys it.
- Relationship-builder, comfortable doing a large volume of proactive outreach.
- Have ideas!
- Driven, self-motivated attitude… Ability to do great work independently with minimal direction as well as collaborate closely with teams.
- Proactive problem-solving ability and ability to leverage skills of other team members across departments to get to a solution.
- Ability to work well within a virtual team, where fast, thorough, responsive communication is critical.
- Ability to learn quickly, switch gears quickly, and juggle competing priorities.
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small-class format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies and is rapidly expanding its portfolio of offerings.
eCornell offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.