Director, Creative Services
The eCornell Director, Creative Services will drive creative strategy and vision across the product design and development organization by working collaboratively with internal department leads (Creative, Video, Marketing) in the design and development of all of eCornell’s learning products, while positioning production teams for innovative growth and sustained excellence in execution.
The Director, Creative Services will mentor, teach, and advocate for creative innovation across the design and development organization while working closely with Creative and Video Production team leads to devise and execute innovative visual treatments that meet and exceed quality standards while maintaining production efficiency. This role also includes leadership and oversight of Creative and Video Production processes, to ensure best-in-class quality and a high degree of efficiency in a fast-paced production environment.
The Director, Creative Services must possess a deep understanding of video/creative content production, animation/motion graphics, and graphic design, including experience-driven UX/UI, branding, digital interfaces, and experiential/physical design elements. Interest and perspective on emerging creative design and development trends, adult learning theory, competitive advancements, evolving production processes, and concept visualization are also key to this role. In particular, the Director, Creative Services must bring active knowledge in emerging visual approaches to online learning, including but not limited to visual/creative support of: social networking, mobile learning, game-based learning, VR, and story-based learning.
This opportunity in based in Ithaca, NY.
eCornell’s Director, Creative Services manages the following responsibilities (although other duties may be assigned):
- Creating a world-class digital experience in eCornell’s learning products that benchmarks well to the best digital experiences in any industry
- Providing leadership and management for team leads in Video and Creative, ultimately combining Video and Creative into a unified production team under your leadership
- Maintaining and evolving visual brand standards across all learning products (video, Web, UX/UI, print), ensuring a consistent, best-in-class look and feel.
- Production of best-in-class video assets and animations for use in eCornell’s online learning products
- Refinement and consistent evolution of the processes and tools used to design and develop creative assets across eCornell’s product suite to ensure high efficiency and best-in-class quality
- Knowledge of emerging trends and evolving student needs in online learning, with a keen sense of how to accommodate innovation with creative design and development
- Managing creative managers in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented production environment that is in a constant state of evolution
- Active participation in strategic planning with eCornell leadership
- Representation of the Creative and Video teams in interactions with the eCornell Board of Directors, University leadership, and any other key stakeholders
- Active collaboration and communication with team leads throughout the organization who depend on Creative and Video (and vice versa).
- Raising awareness of Creative and Video teams’ insights and accomplishments across departments while maintaining and expanding a highly performing, highly
- motivated team
- Planning with Creative and Video leads to prioritize work and allocate resources, ensuring crucial business needs are delivered
- Developing and implementing scalable processes and tools across creative teams to ensure maximum productivity throughout the production lifecycle
- Developing and enforcing creative systems, style guides, and processes necessary to execute brand strategy and deliver consistent brand experiences
- Developing processes for needs assessment, project scoping, and cost modeling for the visual design and development of all of eCornell’s learning products
- Minimum 5-10 years of professional experience leading Creative teams in a deadline-oriented, video-production environment. (A film school education and corporate professional experience in a newsroom, brand, or agency setting preferred.)
- Deep and proven experience leading the creation of large volumes of best-in-class video assets and animations
- A product-management mindset, with the ability to envision an end product from a student perspective
- Experience and comfort with a fast-paced production environment and the ambiguity that can accompany steady evolution and growth
- Proven leadership capabilities, with experience rallying large and diverse groups of Creative resources to create industry-leading assets to the benefit of eCornell’s students
- Experience successfully collaborating with content and marketing professionals
- A constructive and positive attitude, sense of urgency, and willingness to do whatever is needed to achieve project goals and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong collaborative qualities as well as the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to faculty and students
- Proven ability to manage and meet deadlines with multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and fast-paced change
- Creative, practical problem-identification, problem-reporting, and problem-solving skills, including the application of those skills to the design and development of the final product
- Excellent time- and project-management skills
- Active interest in adult learning theory and emerging approaches to online learning, including but not limited to social networking, mobile learning, game-based learning, and story-based learning
- Expert knowledge in contemporary design software, including Creative Cloud, InDesign, After Effects, etc.
- High level of design experience in Adobe Creative Suite, with experience in digital, video, motion, and other creative and communications disciplines
- Ability to leverage data to inform production strategies and processes
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.