An eCornell Enrollment Counselor is responsible for contacting (through outbound and inbound calls) and converting qualified prospects into active learners through a consultative inside sales approach. This is a sales position utilizing relationship-building skills, needs analysis, and in-depth knowledge of eCornell online programs to gain commitment from perspective learners. The role consists of phone- and computer- based interaction to evaluate educational qualifications and needs, and recommend solutions to individuals who are interested in educational opportunities for adult professionals.
- Utilize your extensive eCornell product knowledge to advise prospective learners.
- Investigate and discover prospect needs, guide prospects through eCornell’s programs and offerings, present features and payment options, recommend appropriate programs and customized solutions.
- Utilize automated tools and complex software applications to manage customer data.
- Meet and exceed pre-established sales and enrollment goals based on monthly and quarterly objectives.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- As a key member of the enrollment team, support team discussions, 1:1 call coaching sessions and communications.
- Provide information, creative selling opportunities and other business suggestions to management.
- Continuously interact with customers both by phone and by computer.
Minimum of two years of inside sales experience in a high-call environment, selling a complex product while working toward established sales goals/quota with the following criteria:
- Experience with relationship-oriented (non-transactional) selling with a comprehensive sales cycle, which often entails multiple points of contact.
- Demonstrated success at meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Experience selling high-value products and services to a diverse customer base.
- Expertise leveraging sales and customer-tracking software applications and tools.
- Excellent communication, investigation and listening skills to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Self motivated and organized to remain focused on objectives.
- Willing to complete eCornell courses in order to be comfortable representing a complex product that requires in depth product knowledge.
- Displayed success in a high phone contact performance-driven sales environment, utilizes metrics and measurements to track results.
- Advanced understanding of consultative selling and relationship building, uncovering buying decisions and understanding customer needs.
- Time Management skills to multi-task a variety of activities including outbound calling and applicant follow up.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree desired. Course work in field relevant to eCornell courses preferred.
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer.
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell is an award winning, online learning company, delivering courses to students in more than 200 countries with 40% annual enrollment growth.
- 2012 “Top 20 Leadership Training Companies”
- 2009-2012 “Best Leadership Development Program” by Readers of Elearning! magazine
- 2012 “Customer Service Team of the Year” by American Business Awards
- 2012 “Top 500 Privately-Held Businesses” by Diversity Business
- 2011 Tech 200 List of Fastest Growing Technology Companies
- 2011 “Best Software-as-a-Service Learning Management System” by Elearning! magazine
Our innovative approach to delivering Cornell University course content in an online, socially networked environment is used by several of the world’s largest corporations. Our vision is to be the best provider of online learning experiences that empower individuals to innovate in their career, company, or community. We will accomplish that by building active online communities, enabling dynamic course content, and streamlining course creation by faculty authors. This is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that values and rewards the accomplishment of personal, team, and company goals.
Join our team and experience an ideal balance of contributing to a high-growth company with a high quality of life.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.