Instructional Production Specialist
eCornell supports Cornell University’s mission to reach students anywhere anytime.
The Instructional Production Specialist will be responsible for the editing, testing, and maintenance of eCornell online courses and will provide assistance in building, maintaining, and updating catalog and custom courses, as well as performing technical testing and bug fixing. The Instructional Production Specialist Associate will report to the Director of Quality Assurance. They will work closely together to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of new courses that provide an excellent student experience for Cornell’s global audience.
- Perform quality assurance testing of catalog courses and special programs to help produce best-in-class online learning solutions
- Copy edit course content, transcripts, web pages, marketing material, and other client-facing content
- Anticipate student-facing bugs and course issues, and propose and implement solutions
- Work with course operations and student support to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve student-reported course issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues and propose and implement solutions
- Perform regular testing of eCornell’s learning management system (LMS)
- Proactively research, identify, and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Other duties as assigned in support of the eCornell Development Department
- 1-3 years’ professional experience, preferably in online learning, copy editing, or testing
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/technology or related preferred
- Creative, practical problem-identification and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- HTML, CSS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and LMS proficient
- Able to efficiently learn and feel comfortable with new and evolving technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- A positive attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and students
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and fast-paced change
- Familiarity with inclusive design and web accessibility a plus
eCornell, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornell University, is an award winning, online learning company, delivering courses to students in more than 200 countries with 40% annual enrollment growth.
- 2012 ‘Top 20 Leadership Training Companies’
- 2009-2012 ‘Best Leadership Development Program’ by Readers of Elearning! magazine
- 2012 ‘Customer Service Team of the Year’ by American Business Awards
- 2012 ‘Top 500 Privately-Held Businesses’ by Diversity Business
- 2011 Tech 200 List of Fastest Growing Technology Companies
- 2011 ‘Best Software-as-a-Service Learning Management System’ by Elearning! magazine
Our innovative approach to delivering Cornell University course content in an online socially networked environment is used by several of the world’s largest corporations. Our vision is to be the best provider of online learning experiences that empower individuals to innovate in their career, company, or community. We will accomplish that by building active online communities, enabling dynamic course content, and streamlining course creation by faculty authors. This is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that values and rewards the accomplishment of personal, team, and company goals.
eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.