As a member of the Instructional Technology Team, the Instructional Technologist (IT) works closely with eCornell’s Product Management and Course Development teams to develop technologies and processes that support the efficient development of best-in-class online courses. ITs keep a finger on the pulse of the latest online course delivery and instructional methodologies in the market, and use this information to inform the adoption of new technologies and development processes. ITs also provide training and documentation to implement and scale processes, functional testing of course materials as needed, and process solutions for improving throughput.
- Provide live and documented trainings on process and technologies to scale processes more easily to contractors, faculty partners, and instructors
- Devise creative solutions and clear plans to develop programs requiring new or expedited tools and processes
- Formulate solutions and plans for novel requirements for course assets such as new assessment methods and engagement strategies
- Provide testing and quality assurance on the functionality of exercises in technical courses as needed
- Identify gaps in existing processes or workflows and recommend new processes and procedures as needed
- Work closely with product management to develop and refine global product strategy & design based on performance and student feedback
- Identify, introduce, and provide training on extended instructional toolsets as needed to stay current and meet program needs
- Continually monitor the UX/UI and instructional methodologies of competitors to inform revamps to course development and delivery infrastructure
- Develop strategies to improve operational aspects of course performance such as peer to peer interactions, student support options, and UI improvements
- 3+ years experience establishing and integrating learning technologies into an educational environment
- Professional experience leading and organizing initiatives and projects through to their completion
- Excited by learning new technologies, systems thinking, problem solving, and overcoming obstacles
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude towards product design, decision-making, self-motivation, and managing uncertainty
- Strong process design, implementation, and management skills
- Must be humble and open to learning each and every day in a fast-paced agile environment
- Must be an excellent listener and able to mediate, make compromises, and not take decisions personally
- Must enjoy learning new systems and tools and be able to understand or learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Multiple professional certifications in educational technologies
- Professional experience performing functional user testing of software cross-browser
- Professional experience providing live, video, and documented trainings to scale processes and technologies
- Professional experience with a variety of project management methodologies including agile and waterfall methods
- Strong familiarity with and passion for online learning programs and teaching technologies
- Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language (Python preferred), unix command line and git version control
- Located in Upstate NY or able to relocate for the position
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.