Product Management Associate
eCornell supports Cornell University’s mission to reach students anywhere anytime. The product management department is responsible for researching, launching, and supporting products that meet student and corporate partner needs.
The Product Management Associate will be responsible for the maintenance, development and deployment of eCornell catalog programs.. They will provide assistance in creating catalog and custom programs that support Cornell University to help ensure we are delivering world-class products.
The Product Management Associate will report to the Director of Product Management and they will work closely together to identify new content areas to build to expand and enhance eCornell’s global reach. The Product Management Associate will be responsible for collecting and incorporating customer feedback into our products to keep them current to meet our market demands.
- Assist in the execution of new product development through launching the product including project management
- Assist in market research (focus groups) on the viability of new content and keeping current content up-to-date
- Work with the Product Manager and act as a liaison between multiple internal teams during the course of product development, deployment and ongoing maintenance
- Identify, onboard and work with Faculty on content development
- Provide Faculty and Cornell Stakeholders with reporting on program satisfaction to inform product improvements
- Assist in product presentations for the sales team
- Work with creative services group to ensure the ongoing integrity and brand standards in all products.
- Coordinate as needed with relevant Marketing and Sales resources to ensure successful product launches.
- Stay apprised of broader developments in the online-learning marketplace — via competitive analysis and student engagement — and leverage this intelligence in product strategies.
- All other duties as assigned in support of eCornell Product Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-4 years’ experience preferably in online learning
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a decisive, action-orientated individual
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment with proven ability to communicate cross-functionally and work effectively on teams
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Understanding of technology, development processes and agile work environment is a plus
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and LMS proficient
- Exposure to SalesForce, Student Information Systems and Marketing Automation tools is a plus.
- This is an Ithaca-based opportunity.
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer.