Join an entrepreneurial marketing team at one of the fastest-growing online education providers in the world.
eCornell, Cornell University’s online learning unit, is seeking a high-energy, highly versatile Marketing Coordinator who will play a key support role for our high-performance in-house digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written communication skills and strong experience in social media and digital asset management. Job responsibilities will vary day-to-day, ranging from helping manage our brand’s social media accounts, to web content entry and production work, to data entry, record merges and analysis, to administrative support. The ability to operate in a fun, fast-paced environment with a responsive, always-on attitude, where no task is too big or too small, is essential to the position.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all marketing functions and grow into an exciting role with strong career runway.
The position is primarily based in Ithaca, New York but remote candidates will also be considered, particularly those based in Washington, DC or Pittsburgh, PA.
- Support social media channel management.
- Web content entry in WordPress, Pardot and other content management systems.
- Marketing production work – eg. sourcing images to illustrate concepts in stock photography libraries, editing fliers.
- Data entry and record merges in Salesforce CRM and other systems.
- Marketing data analysis projects, related to digital campaigns, website metrics or other marketing and operations datasets.
- Copywriting support as needed.
- Assist with quality assurance.
- Coordination of trade shows, events and video shoots.
- Administrative support for the marketing team.
- Special projects as assigned.
- BA, ideally in Marketing or Communications related function. Liberal arts may also be relevant.
- 2+ years marketing experience in a professional setting.
- Strong examples of successful social media work for other brands and/or personal social media presence that can demonstrate capability in this area.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional copywriting skills.
- Strong Excel data analysis expertise.
- Experience with web content entry and/or graphic design is helpful.
- Ability to learn quickly, switch gears quickly, and juggle competing priorities.
- Deep understanding of current social web technologies and trends.
- Avid social media user; someone who not only understands it, but enjoys it.
- Driven, self-motivated attitude… Ability to do great work independently with minimal direction as well as collaborate closely with teams.
- Proactive problem-solving ability and ability to leverage skills of other team members across departments to get to a solution.
- Ability to work well within a virtual team, where fast, thorough, responsive communication is critical.
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer.