Senior Technical Course Developer and Instructor
The Senior Technical Course Developer and Instructor works with Cornell University computer science faculty and supports eCornell’s course development team to develop high-quality technical and programming courses (including Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Python programming, and others) which include meaningful, hands-on exercises evaluated by auto-grading scripts. In addition, the Senior Technical Course Developer and Instructor provides in-course facilitation, evaluation, and support for eCornell’s students.
- Provide instructional support, guidance, evaluation, and troubleshooting to groups of students in technical and programming courses
- Review and provide feedback for the development of technical and programming courses to enhance their educational effectiveness and validate the appropriateness of their rigor
- Improve and maintain programming exercises across a number of technical and programming certificate programs to provide excellent educational experiences for students
- Write autograding code assessment scripts for exercises using requirements specs and established testing frameworks
- Perform manual grading and provide feedback on more complex programming projects that are beyond the scope of autograding
- Strong familiarity with and passion for online learning programs for teaching technologies
- Background in teaching subjects from computer science and/or programming
- Strong academic or autodidactic foundation of understanding in one or more of the following: Machine Learning,
- Artificial Intelligence, OOP, Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision
- Excellent communication skills and pragmatic competence for instructing learners of different skill levels
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language (preferably Python), unix command line and git version control
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and function in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Located in Ithaca, Rochester, or Syracuse, NY
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Experience with the Codio or other educational IDE
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmation action/equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.