The Software Developer works with eCornell’s product management team, software development team, and internal and external stakeholders to maintain and enhance existing software and to design and develop new software within the eCornell software stack. In addition, the Software Developer works with the support team and end-users to resolve customer and internally reported software defects and issues.
The eCornell Software Developer will perform the following responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Work as part of a team to design and develop software applications using established tools, environments, and languages.
- Participate in requirements analysis using agile methodology, working directly with end users, product owners, management, and other business stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to the software team for improvements to systems, technologies, methodologies, and processes that will maximize development efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback.
- Coach, train, and support new developers.
- Document software to support collaborative development and ease of updates.
- As required, perform system tuning, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance and support of the production environment.
An excellent candidate will have:
- Experience with several of the following: Java, SQL, relational database management, Web Services, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, jQuery, PHP, WordPress, Bootstrap 3, Birst, UIkit.
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced web-based software development environment.
- Demonstrated desire to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent performance in present and past positions demonstrating accountability, openness, and transparency.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects, be adaptive to critical needs, and share expertise as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with customers, stakeholders, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Located in Ithaca, NY
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Experience in education technology
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small-class format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies and is rapidly expanding its portfolio of offerings.
eCornell offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.