Student Success & Support Team Member
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies.
As our Student Success & Support Team member you will directly report to the Student Support Manager. You will collaborate with our enrollment counselors, student success, course operations, customized programs and services teams, other internal departmental staff, and students ensuring that each has a positive experience and are successful in assisting students in meeting their professional development goals.
Student interactions occur via phone, chat, email and support tickets and cover topics ranging from enrollment, billing, technical support, academic issues, course completion assistance, student record and program certificate requests. All interactions are handled with student goals in mind, with a focus on resolving student issues to put them on a pathway to be successful in their professional development. Their success is our success!
This is an Ithaca, NY based position.
Goals of the Position
- Be an innovative and motivational team member.
- On a day-day basis, provide best in class customer service and student support with a focus on student success.
- Participate in ongoing training programs emphasizing our vision for exemplary customer service.
- Achieve and surpass key performance indicators and goals.
To accomplish these goals, you will
- Live a healthy work & personal life balance
- Maintain acceptable service level minimums for all student support metrics: over 60 phone NPS, over 80% inbound call answer rate, over 90% chat answer rate, under 4-8 hour time to first response on tickets and 12-16 hour time to resolution on tickets.
- Assist with maintaining an overall 86% course completion rate, while consistently looking for innovative ways to increase 90% or greater,
- Abide by company policies and procedures.
- Ability to model superior student support.
- Work in a capacity supporting students via multiple modes.
- Field incoming interactions via phone, chat, email and ticketing from students.
- Use our software – Salesforce (CRM), Canvas (LMS), Destiny (SIS), BIRST, Pardot, etc.
- Maintain a full knowledge of all partnerships, programs and marketing material to provide on-demand answers and support to all student inquiries.
- Build a rapport and provide assistance to students in course selection in accordance with certificate tracks and/or specified degree program.
- Provide a positive and seamless student experience.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to improve internal processes and participate in building and fostering a positive, innovative and professional mission-driven workplace.
- Solve student issues expeditiously and accurately.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Prior call center, customer service or student support experience
- Understanding of customer or student information systems and CRM technology used to log context and research customer/student issues.
- Exhibited and demonstrated ability to take on increasingly challenging and difficult roles
- Exhibited and demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally communicate with difficult students or customers
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Love of working directly with customers via phone, chat, and email
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM), Canvas (LMS) and Destiny (SIS) preferred
- Prior online education experience preferred
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.