Student Support Agent (Part Time)
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies.
As Student Support Team member you will directly report to the Student Support Manager. You will collaborate with our enrollment counselors, student success, course operations, customized programs and services teams, other internal departmental staff, and students ensuring that each has a positive experience and are successful in assisting students in meeting their professional development goals.
Student interactions occur via phone, chat, email and support tickets and cover topics ranging from enrollment, billing, technical support, academic issues, course completion assistance, student record and program certificate requests. All interactions are handled with student goals in mind, with a focus on resolving student issues to put them on a pathway to be successful in their professional development. Their success is our success!
Goals of the Position
- Be an innovative and motivational team member
- On a day-to-day basis, providing best in class customer service and student support with a focus on student success
- Participate in ongoing training programs emphasizing our vision for exemplary customer service
- Achieve and surpass key performance indicators and goals
To accomplish these goals, you will
- Maintain acceptable service level minimums for all student support metrics: over 60 phone NPS, over 80% inbound call answer rate, over 90% chat answer rate, under 4-8 hour time to first response on tickets and 12 hours or less to resolution on tickets
- Assist with providing a positive and seamless student experience
- Work in a capacity supporting students via multiple modes (via phone, chat, email and ticketing from students or staff
- Resolve technical issues pertaining to the software used to support student records, enrollment, course access, course completion, course completion letters, certificate completions, student records, etc
- Research questions using available resources (includes support team members, other eCornell staff, KnowledgeBase, internet queries, etc)
- Advise students of appropriate action as it relates to course completion, enrollment, scheduling, etc
- Determine when to escalate issues to management level for assistance
- Inform management of persistent and recurring issues
- Use our software – Salesforce (CRM), Canvas (LMS), Destiny (SIS), Drift, and Slack
- Abide by company policies and procedures
- Maintain a full knowledge of all partnerships, programs and marketing material to provide on-demand answers and support to all student inquiries
- Build a rapport and provide assistance to students in course selection in accordance with certificate tracks and/or specified degree program
- Live a healthy work & personal life balance
- Located in Ithaca, NY is preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent call center experience
- Strong familiarity with online learning programs and technologies
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Desktop/device support experience preferred
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- STEM support experience preferred
- Call center experience preferred
- Must enjoy learning new systems and tools and be able to understand or learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with multi cultures
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
No visa sponsorship or relocation is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.