Technical Course Development Lead
As a member of the Instructional Technology Team, the Technical Course Development Lead (TCDL) works closely with Cornell University faculty and supports eCornell’s Instructional Design team to develop high-quality technical and programming courses (such as Machine Learning, Engineering Analytics, Blockchain, Chemical Engineering, Python for Data Science, and others) which include meaningful, hands-on exercises. TCDLs also help onboard and support contract Subject Matter Experts who develop supplemental content and support students during running programs.
- Review and provide input for the development of technical and programming courses to enhance their educational effectiveness and validate the appropriateness of their rigor
- Write code and other instructional content for technical learning activities where feasible
- Support the onboarding and management of contract SMEs for authoring student exercises, projects, and activities when staff and faculty are unable
- Develop technical learning activities in online course development tools such as Cloud IDEs, LMS systems, and other authoring tools
- Provide testing and validation on source learning materials to ensure their validity and accuracy
- Improve and maintain learning activities across a number of technical and programming certificate programs
- Provide training, support, and vetting for new and existing instructors on technical programs as needed
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language (Python preferred), Unix command line and git version control
- 5+ years experience working with a wide variety of programming languages and technologies
- Excited by learning new technologies, systems thinking, problem solving, and overcoming obstacles
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude towards product design, decision-making, self-motivation, and managing uncertainty
- Must be an excellent listener and able to mediate, make compromises, and not take decisions personally
- Must be able to prioritize; have good time management skills; must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and as a team
- Must have excellent documentation, writing, organization and verbal communication skills
- Must be humble and open to learning each and every day in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong familiarity with and passion for online learning programs and teaching technologies
- 3+ Years experience working in the STEM education space preferred
- Located in Upstate NY or able to relocate for the position
- M.S. and/or B.S. in Computer Science or similar
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, and leadership. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years to over 130,000 students at more than 2,000 companies.
How to Apply
Send an email with your name and the desired job in the email subject to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
No visa sponsorship is provided for this position. eCornell is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.