As an HR employee, the advantages of PHR certification include becoming more valuable to the company, having an advantage when applying for a new job, and demonstrating understanding of the HR profession. Developed by Cathy Winterfield, author of the book PHR Exam Prep, the curriculum covers the most up-to-date HR Certification Institute (HRCI) body of knowledge. In this course, you will engage first-hand with Cathy through discussions, video-conference office hours and practice questions.
The course covers core knowledge requirements, including workplace planning and employment, human resources development, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations and applicable legislation.
The HR Certification Institute (HRCI) requires HR professionals planning to sit for the PHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education. For additional information, visit HRCI.org.
Required course book: PHR Exam Prep by Cathy Winterfield available at the Cornell Book Store and Amazon.
What You’ll Earn
- PHR Prep Certificate from eCornell
- 8 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
How It Works
What You'll Learn
- Complete test-prep practice questions
- Explore the six functional areas of HR defined by HRCI
- Prepare for the PHR examination through readings, discussions, and practice
- Hear from experts giving their critical insights to relevant subject matters
- Engage first-hand with the course author and instructor, the author of the book, PHR Exam Prep
Who Should Enroll
- HR professionals preparing to sit for the PHR exam
World's Top Minds
|Select Payment Method||Cost|
|Determine Your Own Course Schedule||$1,700|