Received all degrees from Rutgers University. Arrived at Cornell in 1968 as Post-Doctoral Fellow for two years before becoming an Assistant Professor. I have been a full professor since 1986.Throughout my professional life I have been studying the control of food intake and regulation of body weight. I love both teaching and research.
The nutrients our bodies use fall into two major categories: macronutrients and micronutrients. In this course, you will learn about carbohydrates—macronutrients that comprise the majority of all calories we consume. You will explore why we need to eat carbohydrates, how their energy is transformed and stored in our bodies as glucose, and how diseases like diabetes can be managed by regulating the intake of carbohydrates and the expenditure of energy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Explain how carbs get absorbed, transformed, and regulated
- Understand what happens when blood glucose levels are too high or too low
- Explain how to minimize the effects of diabetes
- Explain how the body creates energy from glucose
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Who Should Enroll
- Nutrition, health, and wellness professionals looking to gain a stronger understanding of the science of nutrition
- Fitness and sports professionals, including personal trainers and athletic coaches
- Anyone interested in personal wellness and living a healthier life
- Anyone interested in nutrition, weight loss, diet, and exercise
Stack to a Certificate
Request Information Now
Act today—courses are filling fast.