The material in this course was developed in response to the friction created while trying to blend design thinking with traditional systems engineering. The resulting formula is a hybrid process that offers efficiency and effectiveness -- not just for engineers, but for anyone engaged in addressing problems of significant complexity.
In this course you will begin an empathy-based process that leads you to a solution which serves a broad, diverse user base. Along the way, you will identify key stakeholders who will drive critical decisions later in the design cycle. Your process begins when you identify an opportunity and develop a challenge statement summarizing what you are trying to do along with your aspirations. From there, you will gather support for your idea and refine your intent. Your effort will culminate in presentation-ready document that summarizes and describes in detail the challenge you are trying to address and what you hope to achieve by taking on the challenge.
- Record a compelling challenge statement that focuses your effort on a meaningful question
- Determine the empathy space that helps you achieve goals set out by the challenge statement
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Product managers
- User experience designers
- Program and project managers
- Systems analysts
- Entrepreneurs involved in product conception
- Individual contributors, managers and leaders at all levels of an organization who are involved in the design, development, or improvement of products, services, and infrastructure