Bradford S. Bell is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Studies and Director of Human Capital Development and Executive Education in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University. He received his B.A. in Psychology from the University of Maryland at College Park and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Michigan State University. Dr. Bell teaches courses in Human Resource Management, Training and Development, and Work Groups and Teams to graduate and undergraduate students. Dr. Bell worked in the management and organization development department of First USA Bank/Banc One and has worked as an HR consultant for multiple private and public firms. Dr. Bell is a member of the Academy of Management, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and American Psychological Association.
This course is designed to expose you, the HR professional, to current practices and future trends in remote work and key "success factors" for remote work programs that you will be able to apply in your own organizations. Assess alignment of remote work with business goals, determine the best fit for your own organization and ensure measurable results. During the course, you will examine changes in leadership and technology to ensure a successful transition to virtual work environment.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business and human capital implications of remote work
- Partner with multiple stakeholders (e.g, operations, real estate, finance, IT, legal) to build a company culture that supports remote work
- Develop effective remote work policies and agreements
- Screen and select employees for remote work
- Use internet technology (IT), particularly social media, to keep remote workers connected and engaged
- Prepare managers to lead in a virtual environment
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Cornell ILR School
Who Should Enroll
This course is intended for: HR Business Partners, HR General Manager, Business Leaders with large number of off-site or global reports, and Program Managers of Worklife Balance Programs.
Request Information Now
Act today—courses are filling fast.