Beth is the Director of Cornell Wellness. She received her bachelor’s degree from Cornell University and her master’s degree in health education from SUNY Cortland. In addition, Beth is a certified health education specialist. With previous experience in both clinical and community nutrition, Beth specializes in nutrition education and behavior change. Through Cornell Wellness, she offers cooking classes, weight management programs, and one-on-one nutrition counseling. Beth also enjoys giving presentations on stress management, smoking cessation, and humor. She tries to fulfill Cornell Wellness’ mission by bringing joy, balance, and well-being to the Cornell community. Her own joy, balance and well-being comes from her husband Tim and their two children, Hannah and Jacob. Beth enjoys biking outside, hiking, knitting, and, of course, cooking.
Although your clients present problems that appear amenable to nutrition education strategies, education alone doesn’t lead to long-lasting behavior changes. This gap in practice is often due to the inability of counselors to uncover the real nature of their clients’ needs. In this course, you’ll expand your ability to elicit information and use new techniques to better identify the root of the (nutrition) problem from the client’s perspective. Within this approach, you’ll also learn to combine your expertise and intuition to create valuable, effective solutions for clients.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Build counselor-client trust
- Expand your approach in identifying the client's problem
- Develop your intuition in understanding the problem
- Recognize essential components of effective solutions
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Cornell College of Human Ecology
Who Should Enroll
- Students from the United States must be Registered Dietitians (RD or RDN)
- International students need to have a credential approved by the International Confederation of Dietetic Association — full list available here
Stack to a Certificate
Request Information Now
Act today—courses are filling fast.