Donna L. Haeger is a Professor of Practice in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. She teaches introductory and advanced spreadsheet-modeling courses for applied decision-making. These courses leverage Microsoft Excel as a business analytics tool. Prior to teaching at Cornell, she taught courses in management theory, organizational behavior and marketing. With over twenty years in industry, her corporate experience includes work in investments, banking, and corporate finance. Dr. Haeger is the business analytics concentration coordinator and chaired the task force responsible for launching the concentration. Her research interests are at the intersection of organizational behavior and digitization. She explores technology in the workplace, leadership, teams, and management. Her contributions relate to influence and intergenerational exchanges in an effort to blend human systems. Haeger presents her research at the Academy of Management and other leadership associations. She also enjoys mentoring students interested in undergraduate research, especially when the products serve to better communities. She currently sits on the board of directors for Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Rochester which specializes in spreading financial literacy to communities.
Have you ever had to do an analysis of data but found that the data you needed was not all in one place? It could be online, in separate Excel files, or you might find that it's in different formats. It could take hours to convert and organize everything you need. In this course you will learn Excel's options for data management and modeling to relate data from multiple sources quickly and create interactive dashboards that answer dozens of questions. You will be able to import data from different Excel workbook files into one file or even import data in different formats like Notepad for the web and different databases.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Create a (data model) relational database from multiple data sources
- Power Pivot using data from different sources
- Import and relate data from different sources
- Add interactivity to your data sets with dashboards
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who manages functional or financial data to inform business decisions
- Managers and executives responsible for resource allocation and reporting
- Analysts interested in developing a business management mindset to make their analyses and data visualizations more meaningful to stakeholders
- New analysts or people interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data or want a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- People in office support roles, administrative and executive assistants
- People providing support at any level
Stack to a Certificate
Request Information Now
Act today—courses are filling fast.