Liz Karns is an epidemiologist and lawyer. Her research interests involve worker health and safety, ethical responsibilities in the conduct of data analysis, and the economic consequences of sexual assault and harassment. Her practice has ranged from individual juvenile clients to large multinational corporations. She is interested in fostering an intellectual environment for students that integrates science, law, and societal needs.
Choosing the most appropriate statistical test to answer your research questions will affect every aspect of your report. This course will focus on identifying the right test for your question. You will explore the relationship between the data set and the results obtained through statistical tests. You will practice writing a memo to your data analyst specifying the appropriate statistical test to answer your question. In selecting your testing methods, you will also consider the ethical implications of the test results.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Identify the issue and variables which could answer the question
- Select the appropriate statistical test to give valid results
- Communicate statistical test needs to data analysts
- Evaluate the summary measure and statistical test, and consider the limits and ethical implications of results
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Who Should Enroll
- Professionals in any industry who need to communicate and interpret data
- Business managers utilizing analytics or benchmarking and comparison
- Professionals from any business function
- Government workers engaged in policy analysis
- Healthcare professionals